About Douglas R. Horn
Douglas R. Horn, founder of The Horn Law Firm, P.C., is a Kansas City lawyer who concentrates in motor vehicle accident law and crash litigation. His firm has an impressive track record in representing people who have been seriously injured or killed in motor vehicle collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and trains.
In the course of his 25 year legal career of handling a wide variety of accident cases, Horn has gained an expertise in a range of driver safety issues, including those relating to driver behaviors that lead to motor vehicle collisions. Since 2009, Horn has been dedicating a substantial part of his work to advancing driver safety, particularly in the areas of teen driver protection and distracted driving prevention.
As our roads grow more dangerous due to a growing number of distracted, aggressive, and impatient drivers, motorists face a new universe of risk of injury and roadway fatalities. Over the last 10 years, Horn’s case experience confirms other expert opinions that the general driving public too often falls into the following dangerous categories:
- Inattentive or distracted drivers
- Aggressive and/or reckless drivers
- Alcohol and/or drug impaired drivers
- Unsafe truck and commercial drivers
In his role as a driving safety advocate, Horn advances driver safety through:
- Regularly contributing to media outlets to increase public awareness and keep driver safety high on the public consciousness;
- Develop and help implement effective driver safety campaigns to help reduce the types of collisions that cause serious injury and death;
- Promote solutions to help curb the national distracted driving epidemic;
- Meet and correspond with transportation authorities, elected officials, safety advocates, and other driving safety stakeholders to address top traffic safety priorities.
In the News
Douglas R. Horn was featured recently in the news article by KSHB-TV on a full ban of texting while driving being considered by the Missouri Senate.
Douglas R. Horn was quoted in the video presented by KVVU-TV Fox5 in Las Vegas on teenage distracted driving.