About Doug Horn – Driver Safety Advocate
Douglas R. Horn founded The Horn Law Firm, P.C. in 1990. Since then, his law practice has increasingly concentrated in motor vehicle accident law and crash litigation. During the course of his legal career, which includes participating in hundreds of car, truck, and motorcycle accident investigations, Horn has gained elevated insights into the driving behaviors that cause vehicular collisions.
Beginning in 2009, Horn has used his legal experience to devote a significant amount of work and resources to the advancement of driver safety, particularly in the areas of teen driver protection, distracted driving prevention, and traffic fatality reduction.
Teen Driver Protection
Because Horn believes parents hold the key to reducing teen driver accidents, Horn offers Teen Driver Protection Consultations for parents with young drivers which cover important information, including:
- Alerting parents to their responsibilities under Missouri’s GDL law (the law that governs new drivers).
- Detailing the auto insurance coverages that are necessary to fully protect the household.
- Teaching parents how they can instill a safe driving approach that will last a lifetime.
- Providing resources parents can use to keep driver safety a family priority.
Teen Driver Protection Consultations are free of charge and can be adapted for either private meetings or for group presentations.
Driver Safety Alerts
In an effort to keep driver safety high on the public consciousness, Horn regularly posts driver safety alerts through various social media channels. Horn is focusing much of his work on distracted driving prevention initiatives and is currently engaged in urging Missouri lawmakers to pass a law that makes texting while driving illegal in Missouri.
You can support Horn’s effort to outlaw texting while driving by adding your name to the online Petition on this site.
As a frequent contributor to media outlets, including TV, radio, print, and online, Horn assists media in the following traffic safety areas:
- Teen Driver Safety/Protection
- Distracted Driving Epidemic/Prevention
- Traffic Fatality Reduction
- Traffic Safety Technologies
- Motorcycle Safety/Prevention
- Missouri Driver Safety Laws/Legislation
For quick contact with Doug Horn call 816-795-7500 during normal business hours or use the “chat” on hornlaw.com.